If you've never made Raclette, getting started might sound a bit intimidating. So here is a step-by-step guide how to prepare Raclette at home with your Raclette table top grill!
1. Gather your ingredients
I bought red peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, sliced bacon, little potatoes, mixed greens, salad dressing and most importantly: Raclette cheese.
2. Prepare the food
Put the washed potatoes in a pot and cover with water; add some salt and bring to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes or until done (poke one with a sharp kitchen knife; if the potato slips off the knife, they are done ). While the potatoes are cooking, wash and cut your vegetables.
3. Turn on your Raclette grill
To help signal that the grill has reached the right temperature, place a slice of bacon on the grill top and wait for that wonderful sizzle.
4. Place the sliced cheese in the dishes
5. Once the bacon starts sizzling, place some vegetables on the grill and place the dishes underneath.
6. While the cheese is melting, get your plate ready. A few cut in half potatoes , mixed greens with balsamic vinaigrette and some grilled vegetables.
7. Now it's time to add the cheese!
Bubbly cheese means it is ready to go! Using the scraper included with the Raclette grill, gently push the cheese from the dish onto the plate.
8. Happy Racletting!
This is just a suggestion; so feel free to be creative! There are many different ways to Raclette. Try different vegetables, or add some small pieces of meat (chicken and pork are popular)! Meats grill best when the pieces are small and thinly sliced. Enjoy!